[iPad] Re: Repetitive strain injury

 

Because I am near sighted I work with my eyeglasses off - have gotten to that age were I can't see in the 18 to 24 inch distance with or without glasses. So I put the iPad in my lap causing weird hand angles to the side and found myself hyperextending my neck downwards. Not really bad but i have to watch that old whiplash injury.

Jan - Newport RI

--- In iPad@yahoogroups.com, Bill Sardone <wsardone@...> wrote:
>
> When I use it a lot. I use a portable keyboard
>
> I had two. One that is bluetooth and one that plugs into charger slot.
>
> Thx
>
> Bill
>
>
> Sent from my AT&T wireless device!
>
>
>
> On Jan 31, 2011, at 9:44 PM, Nicole Mathisen <nmathisen001@...> wrote:
>
> > I just returned from the chiropractor with an interesting new fact. I have tennis elbow in my right elbow, but I don't play tennis. He suggested that the cause was using the iPad. I hold the iPad in my left hand and operate it with my right. I never noticed it before, but as I'm moving my hand around the screen I tend to keep my wrist bent slightly backward putting a strain on the muscle connecting to my elbow. He suggested keeping my wrist straight or bent slightly forward and move my whole arm instead of just my wrist.
> >
> > I just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else might be having a similar problem.
> >
> > Sent from Nicole's iPad
> >
> > ------------------------------------
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___