[iPad] Re: The Apple iPad's First Year; the Device Many Thought would Fail

 

Carl, your experience is not unique. I got mine in April and bought my wife one in June. it is our first Apple product since the Apple C. Neither of us comes from a technical back ground, nor are we, as the apple C reference suggest, chronologically young.

Having said that, although the iPad was touted as a great consumption device I find it a great deal more than that. Since becoming far more proficient with it I have moved two manuscripts I am writing to the iPad. One of the manuscripts "Healthcares Next Tsunami A Patient's Primer" is researched and typed on my iPad. To that end I use Instapaper for research documentation and Pages for the actual writing. With practice and a good stylus I have become pretty fast at putting down the written word.

I have also become a better than average user of Numbers. My wife is on Oxygen 24/7 and is an active participant in a pulmonary rehab maintainence program. Rather than using antidotal information when visiting her doctor, I created a form based Numbers spreadsheet for her to document and chart her maintainence work out results and oxygen saturations. Her doctor loves it and she is able to better judge her situation.

No it is not a consumption device, it is a portable, lightweight, intuitive computer for all age groups. In case you have not figured it out we are real fans.

We have a Windows Desk top that is rarely used.

--- In iPad@yahoogroups.com, April Duritza <april.duritza@...> wrote:
>
> Thanks Carl, that was a great summary - lots of interesting data.
>
> April
>
> On Sun, Jan 30, 2011 at 2:26 AM, Carl W. Brooks
> <carl@...>wrote:
>
> >
> >
> > The Apple iPad's First Year; the Device Many Thought would Fail
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.

.

__,_._,___