Re: [iPad] Re: GREAT Print App >> Printopia

 

They need to be on the same wifi but the printer has an email address you can send the output to and it will print it out.

Regards, Dave

On Jan 30, 2011, at 3:59 PM, "The Computer Man" <lookinnwpt@yahoo.com> wrote:

 

You know I was wondering about that because if I take it to Vermont in the mountains there is no Internet there so no wifi need and I think it may not work. Guess I will have to try it here first but it think it will need some connection to the same wifi network.

Jan - Newport RI

--- In iPad@yahoogroups.com, "David H. Bailey" <dhbailey52@...> wrote:
>
> On 1/29/2011 10:02 PM, The Computer Man wrote:
> > I just got the HP D110a AirPrint printer and it works great directly from the iPad no driver or software needed and I don't even have my PC connected to it and I don't plane on loading the crappy hp software into my PC either.
> >
>
> Didn't you have to setup the printer so that it was on the same wireless
> network that the iPad was connected to? I was originally under the
> impression that the iPad and an airprint-enabled printer would simply
> shake hands wirelessly and printing could occur, even in a location with
> no wireless network.
>
> Does the HP D110a work that way or do you still need to have a wireless
> network in place?
>
> --
> David H. Bailey
> dhbailey@...
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___