Re: [MacBook] Re: Macbook Pro and Amateur Radio

Hi Rick and Bob, I'm glad to hear that Mac and ham radio play well together maybe when I run on things to do all see about getting a ham license. Back when I was a kid many many years ago I wanted to be, ham radio operator, however I could master the code requirement. My dad had been in the Navy and he could just send code to beat the band.

I just turned 69 in July so maybe I'll see if you can teach an old dog new tricks.

David
This is being typed using Dragon Dictate. Dragon Dictate allows you to talk and the computer to type your words as you speak. Any arrows, I will blame on the soft wear. ;-)
Have a great day

On Oct 30, 2010, at 5:24 AM, wa6es wrote:

> Hi Bob
> I used the Dongle for a while with only small issues. That is, until I figured them out. Once I smoothed them out it went well. The DVAP is the wireless one I believe, so as with Packet check the timeout settings and verify you are getting a full connect. I only use Macs, even for all my digital and logging programs. No Problem, so Ham radio and Macs play well together.
>
> Rick / WA6ES
>
> --- In macbook@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <r.lyman@...> wrote:
> >
> > Hello
> >
> > I am using my Macbook Pro OSX 10.6 with a Amateur Radio program called "DVAP" on the D-Star network. this is a digital system allowing me to communicate with other hams.
> >
> > I am running into a peculiar problem. At times my transmit will drop off after ten seconds, and other times I can talk for several minutes.
> >
> > I am wondering about Amateur Radio and Apples.
> >
> > Is anyone in this forum accessing the same system I am ?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Robert/ki6ft
> >
>
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/macbook/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/macbook/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
macbook-digest@yahoogroups.com
macbook-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
macbook-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/