Re: [iPad] Re: Speaking of deleting email

 

Ok click on the account your interested in, I have two for instance, up pops the keyboard. Hit that key at the lower right that moves the keyboard out of the way. then scroll all the way to the very bottom and you'll see advanced.


Sent from my iPad

On Oct 29, 2010, at 11:44 PM, "JF" <mcginnj@embarqmail.com> wrote:

>
>
> Hi again...
> These directions sound so easy and straight forward, except I can't find "advanced". Here is what I see...
>
> Settings... There is a mail, contacts, calendar link on the left. If I click on that a new window comes up. The new page is divided into several sections...
>
> The first section is called "accounts". Under that category the three emails are listed. If I open each of those, there is no advanced under any of them. In addition to the three email accounts there is also calendar and add account.
>
> The second category is called Fetch new data, which I have turned off. I have the "push" turned off because it says. "new data will be pushed to your iPad from the server. The other section here is called "fetch" and each of my email accounts is set to fetch as is my calendar account. There is an advanced listing here, but it is only about whether new data is pushed automatically or manually... I have it on manual.
>
> The third category is named "mail". Listed under mail is: Show. (50 messages), preview (2 lines), font size, to/cc which is on, Ask before deleting which is on, and Load remote images is on.
>
> The next categories are about my calendar and contact settings. Again no advanced.
>
> So... I am a loss... No advanced that has a delete from server... Any ideas?
>
> Jo
>
>
> --- In iPad@yahoogroups.com, Terry Pogue <tpogue@...> wrote:
>>
>> Go to settings, mail, accounts, advanced, set to delete from server if you like
>> Terry
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On Oct 29, 2010, at 6:13 PM, "JF" <mcginnj@...> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi again...
>>>
>>> I have three different email accounts on my iPad... one from CenturyLink, one from AOL, and one from my work which is designed by Zimbra. When I am on the computer, all three accounts are accessed through the web. I do not have any CenturyLink, AOL, or Zimbra software on my computer.
>>>
>>> My problem is that I usually read my email from my iPad, but when I delete each email from my iPad, it does not get deleted from the actual Web account. In other words, when I log onto my email at my computer, the emails I deleted on the iPad are still there. And yet, when I go back the the iPad, the emails are still deleted as they should be.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know how I can fix this? Deleting twice is a real pain.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jo
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> ------------------------------------
>>>
>>> Yahoo! Groups Links
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___