[MacBook] New developer: running xcode on Macbook 13.3 Mac Osx 10.5.....

 

I'm currently teaching myself Cocoa or the Iphone programming language in order to be able to develop software for the Iphone. I'm already somewhat fluent in Java and C++ so this doesn't appear to be that difficult.

The question I have is platform related. I've heard that the Xcode software can be run under Vmware Workstation thus eliminating the need to have a Mac running the required Max OS. I'm currently wondering whether Vmware Workstation is truly compatible or should I invest in Mac OSX 10.6 which I believe is the requirement at the moment ?
Any ideas ?

I'm more of borderline pc guru and trying to get up to speed on Mac OS. I currently own a MacBook 13.3 and have installed Vmware Fusion on it for PC compatibility. Only had this Mac a couple of weeks. My prior Mac was a G4 tower which is didn't use all that much.
In addition, I also have an Iphone 3GS which I purchased in February....what a phone !!! I was previously using a smartphone from Verizon and was blown away by the Iphone...
Any ideas or helpful hints would be appreciated...

--
sdruid11@yahoo.com http://home.earthlink.net/~sdruid11

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___