Re: [iPad] Deleting email

 

Good point, Jim - there are ways that these things can be handled -
how convenient that is, depends a lot on how each person prefers to
handle it. I have to confess that I don't often use mass delete
either - but not because I am anywhere near as organized as you are.
I currently have 85,234 emails in my gmail inbox. At this point, it
is just a river flowing by, and I click on whatever hits me as
interesting or important, and let the rest sail on by, lol! At least
when I need something I still have it, though!

April

On Saturday, October 30, 2010, Jim Saklad <jimdoc@me.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> What do you consider a high volume situation?
>
> My personal e-mail, plus the various Yahoo lists, and some others, have averaged 280 messages per day over the last 10 months.
>
> I use MobileMe, and my mail is set to IMAP. The filters on my home computer move all the list messages from the inbox to their own subsidiary mailboxes; MobileMe syncs that filtering up to its server, then down to my iPhone and my iPad. (I could institute filtering directly on the MobileMe server, but I haven't felt like re-creating 40 specific filters.)
>
> Similarly, deletions I make on my home computer sync to my iPhone and iPad.
>
> If my home computer is shut down, then the automatic filtering doesn't happen, and I do the filtering on the iPhone or iPad as I earlier described with the "Edit/Delete" sequence.
>
> The messages are deleted as read, unless I choose to retain any particular message.
>
> I've never had any need to "mass delete" anything.
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@me.com <jimdoc%40me.com>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.

.

__,_._,___