Re: [iPad] Deleting email

 

> I'm just in the process of switching my main apple mail account to IMAP from POP. I have a lot of folders set up on my Mac that are under "On My Mac" in mail app. When messages come in, I have rules that send many them to these folders while the others go into my inbox. I've only had this set up for a couple of hours now :-) and it seems to me that the ones that go to my inbox stay on the IMAP server and those that go into the On My Mac folders don't. Is that right?
>
> Then the question I have is (here's the iPad relevance) does it work the same way with the iPad (and iPhone, too), that is, if when mail is downloaded to my Mac and goes into an On My Mac folder, if it's not kept on the IMAP server, will it appear on my iPad or will it disappear from the iPad?

I think you have it figured out already.

Messages that are filtered into any folder under "On My Mac" will be visible ONLY *on your Mac*.

You can, if you choose, create (on your Mac) folders that will sync with your server and appear there as well, then be propagated to your iPhone and iPad. In the case of my MobileMe account, they are created and appear (in Mail on my Mac) under the heading "jimdoc@me.com" - i.e., my Me.com / MobileMe e-mail address.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@me.com

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___