Re: [iPad] Deleting email

 

> If you have a high volume email account, you can often access it through webmail, rather than having the iPad download it. I use Gmail, and their iPad interface is pretty decent. Hopefully they will update the iPad mail program in the future to better handle high volume email situations.

What do you consider a high volume situation?

My personal e-mail, plus the various Yahoo lists, and some others, have averaged 280 messages per day over the last 10 months.

I use MobileMe, and my mail is set to IMAP. The filters on my home computer move all the list messages from the inbox to their own subsidiary mailboxes; MobileMe syncs that filtering up to its server, then down to my iPhone and my iPad. (I could institute filtering directly on the MobileMe server, but I haven't felt like re-creating 40 specific filters.)

Similarly, deletions I make on my home computer sync to my iPhone and iPad.

If my home computer is shut down, then the automatic filtering doesn't happen, and I do the filtering on the iPhone or iPad as I earlier described with the "Edit/Delete" sequence.

The messages are deleted as read, unless I choose to retain any particular message.

I've never had any need to "mass delete" anything.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jim Saklad mailto:jimdoc@me.com

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Hobbies & Activities Zone: Find others who share your passions! Explore new interests.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___