Re: [MacBook] Digest Number 3372

Sorry for the delay in responding, but Pauline did you ever get things straightened out with Dragon Dictate?

I've only been using it for maybe a month, and I've got it so works fairly well. I know that it does not work well with the built-in mic on your laptops especially if there's a lot of background noise such as my music that I'm playing. I currently use a Logitech headset that has boom mic. I went through the training process and I think now the both of us are getting smarter so am having less errors. You talk about spending more time correcting than typing. What I do is just talk very conversationally or maybe a paragraph or two that I go back and correct the errors. I also watched the recognition screen and if there's a correction on the screen I just click on the little number beside it and it takes care of it. At a show until I went to a suggestion was made to talk in a complete idea rather than saying a word or two at a Time This Way, Dragon Dictate figures out what it is you're saying and puts things in the right context or maybe that syntax. Beats me LOL

David
This is being typed using Dragon Dictate. Dragon Dictate allows you to talk and the computer to type your words as you speak. Any arrows, I will blame on the soft wear. ;-)
Have a great day

On Oct 25, 2010, at 1:42 AM, Pauline Roberts wrote:

>
> On 25 Oct 2010, at 08:30, macbook@yahoogroups.com wrote:
>
> > 1a. Dragon Dictate
> > Posted by: "leon51" Leeon@aol.com leon51
> > Date: Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:52 am ((PDT))
> >
> > Just an FYI, there is an app for Dragon Dictate for the iPad &
> > currently it is free.
>
> I hope you all have better success than I did with the Dragon app!
> Maybe I was just unlucky as I don't want to put people off but I found
> it rubbish. I spoke very clearly and concise and it hardly got any
> words right. I would be spending more time altering all the words than
> actually typiing them! Would love to know if anybody has been able to
> use it successfully.
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/macbook/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/macbook/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
macbook-digest@yahoogroups.com
macbook-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
macbook-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/