[iPad] iPad OS 3.2.2 Alert

 

Although my research is not yet fully complete (one more visit to
Apple Genius Bar needed), I thought I should tell about my experience,
so far, with the 3.2.2 iPad OS upgrade so far. Shortly after
installing all my email accounts stopped working: could not send or
receive. Whether there is a flaw in 3.2.2 or the installer disabled
my email accounts (all three) is not known. My first Apple Genius Bar
visit suggested I do a complete Restore to New Device status ( after
doing a transfer purchases but not backup ) then a new synch for
everything desired including the working email accounts on the
computer. This has been done with no, so far, noticed improvement.
My advice at this point would be to back up and transfer purchases
before running the 3.2.2 update (hopefully this will save the
pre-3.2.2 OS-ware). Or figure some other way to preserve the pre-3.2.2
OS-ware. Doing Restore does not revert the OS version, it only reverts
all setting back to the factory settings.

John Ferman, Mac User since
Mac SE 2.0 & OS 6.8, june 1989
Main: iMac G5, 1.8 Mhz, OS 10.5.8
iPod Touch and iPad

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___