Re: [iPad] Xfinity/Comcast Question

 

Thanks for the helpful info.  I'm assuming that the ethernet connects to the router, but what is the source of the cable connection.  My cable to my TV is separate from the cable to the modem that then connects to my router to provide internet & voice service.  Was the installation difficult?


On Mar 29, 2013, at 6:09 PM, Dave Sherlock <dsherlock.geo@yahoo.com> wrote:

 

Turns out the person I spoke with was wrong. It is not a replacement for the cable box but an additional box and does run $10 per month. It has a 30 day trail period so I decided to give it a try.
It requires a cable connection and an Ethernet connection after doing the install and activation it works fine with both my iPad and iPhone but only one at a time. The display seems to be a bit behind the same channel on cable but not by much. The quality of the picture is fine.
Whether the price is worth it or not is your call, I plan to try it out to see if I am willing to continue paying for the device. It will allow me to watch a different program while in the same room as the rest of the family, could be a good thing :-).

Regards, Dave
Sent from my  iPad

Begin forwarded message:

From: Dave Sherlock <dsherlock.geo@yahoo.com>
Date: March 27, 2013, 5:43:20 PM MST
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [iPad] Xfinity/Comcast Question

I don't have the device that works with the app but will pick one up tomorrow, they say no extra charge for it. Some of the reviews said $10 per month, we'll see.

Regards, Dave
Sent from my  iPad

On Mar 27, 2013, at 4:55 PM, Pat Taylor <pat412@mac.com> wrote:

 

Do any of our members use the Xfinity AnyPlay device for streaming live TV to the iPad?



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___