Re: [iPad] Alan Kay, godfather of mobile computing, bashes the iPad

 


Is he just coming down on tablets?  I'd like to read much more.

--
david@luda.net
pad4


On Mar 29, 2013, at 6:07 AM, "David H. Bailey" <dhbailey52@comcast.net> wrote:

 

On 3/28/2013 9:35 PM, Elizabeth wrote:
>
>
> That is how I look at the iPad, personal, individual, I don't share
> creme brûlée and I don't share iPads. Nor computers. :-)
>
>

Same with me -- part of the whole appeal of tablets for me was to make
the "personal" computer more "personal." It travels with me wherever I
go, it holds a vast sheet music library for me, it holds a vast ebook
library for me, all contents that I have selected for myself to use, it
holds games I enjoy playing, it holds personal records that I want to
have available to me whenever I need them. It's defnitely not being a
device for the whole family to share.

But then neither is my "personal" computer -- it's a tool I use
frequently throughout the day for both personal uses and business uses
and there's no way that I can't have it available wherever and whenever
I want or need it.

For someone to come down on tablets because they can't be shared more
easily simply says to me that he's someone who is simply writing for the
sake of writing with no actual thought or research involved. He's
missed the point of tablets entirely!

--
David H. Bailey
dhbailey@davidbaileymusicstudio.com
http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (14)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___