Re: [iPad] using iCloud to transfer files between my computer and my iPad

 

It is scary.  It's also very annoying and frustrating!  I can get it to work with my iPhone, but so far not with my iPad!  And the problem is, I haven't the least idea what to do about it.    I suppose sooner or later I'll figure it out, but this isn't the kind of challenge that I really, truly need
 
Carlee   
 
 
 
 
-------Original Message-------
 
Date: 28.10.2011 19:52:01
Subject: Re: [iPad] using iCloud to transfer files between my computer and my iPad
 
tat sounds scary. i must say so far my stuff works as advertised but i use an all mac solution
~KM
----
Is it solipsistic around here, or is it just me?
-------

On Oct 28, 2011, at 7:41 AM, Carlee Marrer-Tising wrote:

I have been feeling pretty much the same, Julie!  What I have found out in the meantime is that even if I don't make the backup on my iTunes program  on my laptop (since I am now doing the iCloud backup), I can still synchronize with it.  Before doing that, though, without connecting the iPhone/iPad, click on the settings in iTunes, click on "devices" and put a check on the option, "hinder the automatic synchronization of iPhone, iPad..."  Then you can connect your device and synchronize what you want (without a backup and without things being synchronized that you don't want to be).  And you can also set up a WLAN-synchronization if you want to avoid the cable connection.  That's what I have done.  This way you can still get things like apps or music or books, and so forth imported from your iTunes (on your computer) to your mobile devices, also without cable.   

 

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___