Re: [iPad] Re: using iCloud to transfer files between my computer and my iPad

 

 
 
 
You are very welcome, Julie.  I'm glad things are better now with your calendar items.  I know what you mean:  I didn't realize either that we would still synchronize with iTunes with our PC or Mac one we had iOS5 and iCloud.  In the meantime I understand that certain things are only possible that way, such as getting audio books from Audible onto our devices.  Did you set your PC up so you can synchronize without your cable?  I like this feature very much. 
 
Carlee
 
-------Original Message-------
 
From: Julie
Date: 29.10.2011 15:29:43
Subject: [iPad] Re: using iCloud to transfer files between my computer and my iPad
 
Carlee,
Thanks so much for your help. I did what you said and things are a whole lot better. Now my iPad calendar shows both items that I have added to the iPad and the items I added on my computer. I haven't had time to really check it out, but it seems to be working now that I synced it in iTunes. But I thought that was the purpose of ios5 and iCloud - so you wouldn't have to hook up to your pc.
Thank goodness we are never to old to learn, though I do get frustrated a lot quicker now.
Julie
>
> I have been feeling pretty much the same, Julie!  What I have found out in
> the meantime is that even if I don't make the backup on my iTunes program
> on my laptop (since I am now doing the iCloud backup), I can still
> synchronize with it.  Before doing that, though, without connecting the
> iPhone/iPad, click on the settings in iTunes, click on "devices" and put a
> check on the option, "hinder the automatic synchronization of iPhone, iPad..
> "  Then you can connect your device and synchronize what you want (without a
> backup and without things being synchronized that you don't want to be).
> And you can also set up a WLAN-synchronization if you want to avoid the
> cable connection.  That's what I have done.  This way you can still get
> things like apps or music or books, and so forth imported from your iTunes
> (on your computer) to your mobile devices, also without cable.
>
> Carlee
>
>
> From: Julie
> Date: 28.10.2011 16:11:24
> Subject: [iPad] Re: using iCloud to transfer files between my computer and
> my iPad
>
> Boy, I would really like to know the answer to this, too! I've been playing
> with it for a couple of days and now I don't know where I've been and I have
> no idea where to go. All I know for sure is that "what I got is not what I
> want".
> At this point I would much rather hook up to iTunes. So today I was going to
> try and unsubscribe from the iCloud stuff and go back to the old way. It
> worked for me.
> But - I will wait and see the responses to your question.
> Julie
>
--------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
 
 
 
 
------------------------------------
 
Yahoo! Groups Links
 
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
 
<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional
 
<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)
 
<*> To change settings via email:
 
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___