Re: [iPad] Re: using iCloud to transfer files between my computer and my iPad

 

Maybe it's cyz it's a pc and not a Mac 

~KM
\,,/ Banged Out on an iPhone4 \,,/

On Oct 28, 2011, at 2:04 PM, "David H. Bailey" <dhbailey52@comcast.net> wrote:

 

On 10/28/2011 4:43 PM, Robert Maxey wrote:
> iCloud and Dropbox are basically the same thing. Your stuff is stored on the web where it can be accessed from any device with web access.
>
> The differences are in how each service syncs data.
>
> Neither idea is new, however. Just a new name for something I have done for years: storing data on the Internet where it can be accessed from anywhere.
>

In concept you're right -- iCloud and DropBox are the same thing. But
in reality they're not. I can save a spreadsheet from Numbers on my
iPad to my iCloud account and from the iCloud control panel on my PC I
can see the icon for that spreadsheet, but I can't do anything with it,
can't print it, can't save it to my computer, can't do anything other
than see that it's there. Unless I'm missing something bigtime (which
I'm ready to admit).

I just did a further test, going to icloud.com and I hang my head in
shame because now it's working like it should be -- when I move the
mouse pointer onto the icon for the spreadsheet in question, the option
to download appears. But this morning when I originally posed the
question, it wasn't doing this.

Of course in the meantime I did sign in to iWork.com, so I wonder if
that's the difference.

In any event, now I feel silly because things are indeed working with
iCloud just as with DropBox, which is how I had thought they were
supposed to work.

Thanks to everybody for putting up with my frustrations and now things
are working as they should so I'm all set. :-)

--
David H. Bailey
dhbailey@davidbaileymusicstudio.com

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___