Re: [iPad] using iCloud to transfer files between my computer and my iPad

 

It seems like iCloud asked if you wanted the docs on your device. Say yes and nothing is lost. I'm confused. It seems to be working perfectly by your description. 

~KM
\,,/ Banged Out on an iPhone4 \,,/

On Oct 29, 2011, at 2:49 AM, "David H. Bailey" <dhbailey52@comcast.net> wrote:

 

On 10/29/2011 12:59 AM, Just Murray wrote:
>
>
> It syncs data unlike a storage locker.
>

Since I solved my problems by using iWork.com, I tried to simply turn
off Documents and Data in iCloud through Settings / iCloud on my iPad
and guess what message popped up? "All documents & data stored in
iCloud will be deleted from this iPad. Turn off / Cancel"

What a stupid question to ask? Why would Apple program things like
that? Incredibly nasty, in my opinion.

In Settings I scrolled down to individual apps such as Numbers / Pages /
Keynote and turned off iCloud there, when I started Numbers I got a
message reminding me that I had turned off iCloud and it gave me the
choice to keep the documents on my iPad or delete them from my iPad. I
kept them. Same for Pages and for Keynote, and I hadn't turned on
iCloud for any other applications so I'm all set.

But I don't understand why Apple would program iCloud so that it would
automatically delete all documents and data that are stored in iCloud
from my device. It's like Apple's saying "we're going to punish you for
not continuing to use iCloud." At least it could have given me the
option to keep the documents and data currently on my iPad if I wished,
like the individual apps did.

Makes me even more hesitant to ever try to use iCloud again.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbailey@davidbaileymusicstudio.com

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___