Re: [iPad] Re: using iCloud to transfer files between my computer and my iPad

 

I could be wrong, but I actually don't think iCloud is any more problematic than anything else that is new.   There are all kinds of things to get used to and learn about, and once you have cleared that hurdle you usually find that you are quite satisfied with your new hardware, software, whatever.  At least, that has been my experience.  I am now down to two main questions.  1:  why do I have two Apple IDs, my former Mobile Me, now iCloud one, and my regular Apple ID that I use for the App Store, each with its own passport?  Why doesn't iCloud run under the same Apple ID on the Internet that is shown in my devices?  To me, that simply makes no sense.  However, everything seems to be merged into one, since my backups are working, which also makes no sense but at least means no conflicts, no problems.  I asked an Apple support expert today why I can't see the backups anywhere on the iCloud on the Internet, and he said that is normal.  Has anyone else noticed any of this?  And 2:  since I have everything set up exactly the same, why can I synchronize my iPhone with WLAN (i.e. no cable) but have to make a USB connection to synchronize the iPad?  Also makes no sense.
 
Carlee
 
 
 
 
-------Original Message-------
 
Date: 28.10.2011 22:22:32
Subject: [iPad] Re: using iCloud to transfer files between my computer and my iPad
 
I will likely not update iOS so no iCloud for me. I am concentrating on Dropbox because there are some amazing things you can do with it through additional programs designed for DB.
 
Apparently, iCloud is a problem for many people. I refuse to study iCloud and learn about it.
 
There has to be a web site to help you all learn how to use iCloud. I can't believe so many are having problems.
 
--- In iPad@yahoogroups.com, Just Murray <krismurray@...> wrote:
>
> You assumed it would be like Dropbox. Gotcha. That's the error. That's what I thought.
>
> ~KM
> \,,/ Banged Out on an iPhone4 \,,/
>
> On Oct 28, 2011, at 11:58 AM, "David H. Bailey" <dhbailey52@...> wrote:
>
> > Why? Because someone suggested to me how to find the spreadsheet in
> > iCloud, since I had thought that was supposed to work like DropBox where
> > I sent a file to iCloud and then could download it into a program on my
> > Windows PC.
> >
> > Did you think your "why" question was actually helpful?
> >
> > Hmm . . .
> >
> > David H. Bailey
> >
> > On 10/28/2011 1:48 PM, Just Murray wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > > why?
> > > ~KM
> > > ----
> > > Is it solipsistic around here, or is it just me?
> > > -------
> > >
> > > On Oct 28, 2011, at 6:52 AM, David H. Bailey wrote:
> > >
> > >> Thanks for that tip -- I'm looking at the icon for the spreadsheet in
> > >> theiCloud.com <http://iCloud.com/>window of my browser.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> > --
> > David H. Bailey
> > dhbailey@...
> >
>
 
 
 
 
------------------------------------
 
Yahoo! Groups Links
 
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
 
<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional
 
<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)
 
<*> To change settings via email:
 
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
 

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___