[iPad] Re: using iCloud to transfer files between my computer and my iPad

 

Carlee,
Thanks so much for your help. I did what you said and things are a whole lot better. Now my iPad calendar shows both items that I have added to the iPad and the items I added on my computer. I haven't had time to really check it out, but it seems to be working now that I synced it in iTunes. But I thought that was the purpose of ios5 and iCloud - so you wouldn't have to hook up to your pc.
Thank goodness we are never to old to learn, though I do get frustrated a lot quicker now.
Julie
>
> I have been feeling pretty much the same, Julie! What I have found out in
> the meantime is that even if I don't make the backup on my iTunes program
> on my laptop (since I am now doing the iCloud backup), I can still
> synchronize with it. Before doing that, though, without connecting the
> iPhone/iPad, click on the settings in iTunes, click on "devices" and put a
> check on the option, "hinder the automatic synchronization of iPhone, iPad..
> " Then you can connect your device and synchronize what you want (without a
> backup and without things being synchronized that you don't want to be).
> And you can also set up a WLAN-synchronization if you want to avoid the
> cable connection. That's what I have done. This way you can still get
> things like apps or music or books, and so forth imported from your iTunes
> (on your computer) to your mobile devices, also without cable.
>
> Carlee
>
>
> From: Julie
> Date: 28.10.2011 16:11:24
> To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [iPad] Re: using iCloud to transfer files between my computer and
> my iPad
>
> Boy, I would really like to know the answer to this, too! I've been playing
> with it for a couple of days and now I don't know where I've been and I have
> no idea where to go. All I know for sure is that "what I got is not what I
> want".
> At this point I would much rather hook up to iTunes. So today I was going to
> try and unsubscribe from the iCloud stuff and go back to the old way. It
> worked for me.
> But - I will wait and see the responses to your question.
> Julie
>
--------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___