[iPad] Backing up iTunes before upgrading

 

I've been following the message streams about upgrading to iOS5. Many people say they've backed up their iTunes to a hard drive. I'm using Time Machine from Snow Leopard to back up my MacMini hard drive to a separate hard drive.

Do I need to make another backup specifically from iTunes, or is the Time Machine backup enough to retrieve my info if things go south while I'm upgrading?

In the past I haven't had problems upgrading my OS or iOS. I have zero experience dealing with upgrade problems. So I'd be in big trouble if my iPhone 3GS or iPad2 bricks on me.

I'm sorry if this question is too basic. All the wonderful upgrades of iOS 5 are luring me to take the plunge.

Cathy

Sent from my iPad

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___