Re: [iPad] using iCloud to transfer files between my computer and my iPad

 

Then use iCloud for those and not the pc. 

~KM
\,,/ Banged Out on an iPhone4 \,,/

On Oct 28, 2011, at 1:31 PM, "David H. Bailey" <dhbailey52@comcast.net> wrote:

 

On 10/28/2011 4:12 PM, Just Murray wrote:
> That's not what iCloud is for. Use Dropbox. iCloud is for creating a spreadsheet in apple's iWork's apps and being able to access that on any apple product running apple iWork's apps. That's the way I understand it.
>
> My apologies for not understanding your desired usage of this product. Hope my above response addresses those shortcomings.
>

But Pages/Numbers/Keynote aren't DropBox enabled, which is what started
my whole question. When I go to Print/Share menu in Pages or Numbers or
Keynote there is no option for DropBox. Many other apps allow me to use
DropBox, and it's great to get files from my PC to my iPad, but those
three apps are DropBox-crippled for some reason.

But I can send the spreadsheet to iWork.com, and from there I can
download it to my PC. And I can select what format to share it over
iWork.com, either Numbers native format or Excel format or PDF, so I've
got things as I want them right now. iWork.com (not to be compared to
iWorks, I guess) works like DropBox.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbailey@davidbaileymusicstudio.com

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___