[iPad] Re: using iCloud to transfer files between my computer and my iPad

 

iCloud and Dropbox are basically the same thing. Your stuff is stored on the web where it can be accessed from any device with web access.

The differences are in how each service syncs data.

Neither idea is new, however. Just a new name for something I have done for years: storing data on the Internet where it can be accessed from anywhere.

--- In iPad@yahoogroups.com, "David H. Bailey" <dhbailey52@...> wrote:
>
> On 10/28/2011 4:13 PM, Just Murray wrote:
> >
> >
> > You assumed it would be like Dropbox. Gotcha. That's the error. That's
> > what I thought.
> >
>
> Yes, that's what I thought -- everybody's talking about storing things
> in "the cloud" and then downloading to other devices. Sure sounds like
> DropBox to me. But I guess not. :-)
>
> It's alright, though, with iWork.com I've got things working as I need
> them to.
>
> --
> David H. Bailey
> dhbailey@...
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___