Re: [iPad] iTunes photo sync weirdness

 



Sent from my iPad Pro

On May 9, 2016, at 10:04 PM, Jim Saklad jimdoc@icloud.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I have an iPhone 6+ and and iPad "Baby Pro", both with 128 GB of storage.

On my Mac, I have a directory with selected photos, mostly in sub-folders, to be sync'd to these devices when I perform my regular cabled sync.

For reasons I cannot fathom, the complete selection of images has properly synced to the iPhone, but not to the iPad, despite the settings within iTunes being identical, and despite there being about 50 GB of free storage space on each device.

I do NOT do anything with Photos in iCloud (option is UNchecked in Preferences).

I've tried re-booting the iPad, with no apparent effect.

If I UNcheck "Sync Photos" in iTunes, I am given 2 choices:
"iTunes will no longer sync photos to [this iPad" Do you want to keep or remove photos previously synced to your iPad?"
<<Keep Photos>>     <<Remove Photos>>

If I <Keep>, then when I later turn "Sync Photos" back on, the remainder of the designated photos still do NOT sync.

If I <Remove>, then the existing ones do NOT disappear from the iPad, nor do the missing ones appear when I turn "Sync Photos" back on.

Has anyone any useful suggestions?

I am hoping NOT to have to completely erase and reinstall everything as new.

-- 
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Jim Saklad                                           mailto:jimdoc@icloud.com

__._,_.___

Posted by: Pat Taylor <pat412@mac.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

Upgrade your account with the latest Yahoo Mail app
Get organized with the fast and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail app. Upgrade today!


.

__,_._,___