Re: [iPad] Re: Now what--update error

 

Same thing happened to me, Julie!  I did as you did and went through the recovery. Luckily, I had backed up my iPad prior to attempting the upgrade to 8.0.  Good news is that when it was done, the upgrade to 8.0 was complete.  I was afraid that I would have to attempt it again, but no, it wasn't necessary.

Good luck!

Linda 




On Sep 30, 2014, at 7:54 PM, Julia Mavity-Hudson julie.mavity@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Well, I unplugged and replugged it in and iTunes found it and said it was in recovery mode and had to be restored. I unplugged it and tried doing a hard reboot but the iPad continued to show iTunes in the center with a picture of a usb cable going to it, so I plugged it back in and went ahead and restored it. It is trying to put in the backup now. Hopefully it will go smoothly.
Julie

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 9:39 PM, Julia Mavity-Hudson <julie.mavity@gmail.com> wrote:
I tried to update to 8 (through iTunes, since my iPad is too full to do it directly). It spent 45 minutes, said it was verifying, then it said it was unable to update due to an unknown error. Now the ipad is sitting with just the appe icon visible. It no longer is showing up in iTunes.
j

--
Julie Mavity-Hudson



--
Julie Mavity-Hudson

__._,_.___

Posted by: Linda McCann <lmcarea51@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

.

__,_._,___