Re: [iPad] Deleting the Upgrade iOS8 notification

 



DFU will do it:


I just did that on my iPad 4, to get rid of a different problem, then restored from the cloud.  Despite what I've seen about it being a drastic step, it went perfectly smoothly and the restore took only a few hours, with no prompting.

I do have a fairly fast internet connection, though, and nightly backups had been happening for a long time.  YMMV.

Actually, IMHO, a DFU now and then probably is not a bad idea.



This is more involved - I didn't have to connect to a computer:








On Sep 29, 2014, at 12:07 PM, Pete petefromflorida@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I'm not positive but I don't think you can get rid of the notification (badge).  My notification for iOS 7 has been there for a year.
Pete




On Sep 29, 2014, at 9:02 AM, "Norm Parsley norm.parsley@gmail.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Good morning Group! How is the notification to upgrade to iOS 8
deleted or stopped on an iPhone 5 or iPad Air? Thank you!

Norm

__._,_.___

Posted by: david smith <david.smith.14916@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (4)

.

__,_._,___