Re: [iPad] Re: Comment to Apple, Inc.

 

My system here isn't good. But it's here. It's usable. Without the disability pass its $2.25 which is absurd. I think the 75¢ I pay is close to the high end. 

I met this guy once. In his 70s I'm sure. He was cooking potatoes on the side of the road next to his bicycle. This was about 100 miles from Seattle. He was biking to Seattle from LA. He shared with me his simple joys. He said his kids were too busy to fly down and see their dad. Him. So he was biking up to see them he said it was better that way. He got to see individual trees. Mailboxes. Got to experience the trip. He also said the best thing about buying potatoes for food is that every meal his food got less of a chore to carry and that made him happy. Ill always remember that guy. Short. Gray beard. Wiry. Huge smile. He inspired me to some degree. Take the road less traveled. Enjoy the day. Carpe diem. 

Anyway. Yea. Nose in a book or iOS device totally yanks you out of reality. I'm thankful I get car sick so I tend to people watch instead of iPhone watch. 

~KLM
\,,/ 01001100 01001111 01001100 \,,/

On Sep 30, 2012, at 10:00 AM, Devitt <devittad@comcast.net> wrote:

 

You make a good point about public transport making a person look and think more about their surroundings -- unless one uses that bus/train time to stare at an iPad!  ;-). All joking aside, it's cheaper and better for the environment IF you have a good system available.

Cathy

Sent from my iPad 

think the window of me driving is closing this November. I'll be continuing my use of public transit. I kinda like it. It makes me look and think whereas when you drive I get into. A bubble. This way I walk the streets and make decisions more thoroughly as to what my needs are and wants are. 

~KM
--
\,,/(^_^)\,,/

(^= I rocked this email on my iPad2 =^)
---

On Sep 29, 2012, at 4:02 PM, whiterabbit32 <whiterabbit32@gmail.com> wrote:

> LOL AC Transit (Alameda/Contra Costa Transit) was my mode of transportation for many years when I lived in Berkeley (Alameda County) and in Richmond (Contra Costa County). If SRT (Sacramento Regional Transit) came out near me, I'd be using it too.

> In the meantime, I've been trying out a few recommended map apps. One in particular use to be a very popular app, MapQuest. It's doing pretty good so far. 

> \
> \ /\
> ( ) White Rabbit 32
> .( ). Sent from my iPhone 5

> On Sep 27, 2012, at 8:14 PM, Celtica Hippocrates <celtica_visitor1@me.com> wrote:

>> 
>> This makes me glad I cannot drive. MY GPS is called "OCTA" (The Orange County Transit system)
>> 
>> 

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (53)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___