Re: [iPad] Comment to Apple, Inc.

 

I think you are mistaken.  I have seen plenty of time when MicroSoft has screwed up and it was all over the news and Internet.  Remember windows ME?    It drove me to Linux until MS came out with Subsequent Windows 2000 .  

I think 

Sent from Ed's iPad

On Sep 29, 2012, at 3:55 PM, whiterabbit32 <whiterabbit32@gmail.com> wrote:

 

I do not understand why Apple screws up and people are totally pissed.  Microsoft has screwed up, android has screwed up and so has Blackberry. Do bloggers come out of the woodwork writing stories about how they have screwed up? If so, not like Apple bloggers. Do you hear users of other brands complaining of screw ups? Not like Apple users. Why? 

So what that Maps doesn't do the job fore SOME.  It's not EVERYONE that has a problem with it.  There are other map apps out there. Try them. Apple put a link in the features section of their App Store for map apps. 

\
  \ /\
  (  )       White Rabbit 32
.(    ). Sent from my iPhone 5

On Sep 27, 2012, at 6:24 PM, Pat Taylor <pat412@mac.com> wrote:

 

I have been reading on various tech blogs that Google is expected to have their iOS app ready by the end of October, but who knows if Apple will approve it!


On Sep 27, 2012, at 7:06 PM, Ed <huckleberryed@gmail.com> wrote:

 

 

Perhaps you are correct.  Perhaps I should have had one less glass of red wine before posting.  It's just that I DO depend considerably on the maps app,  perhaps more than most others,  but in any case I was feeling disgusted while missing some features in the new Apple app that I used in Google maps…. And Google Internet access to the same thing just doesn't cut it like their Apple App did.   Perhaps if Apple doesn't get its act together,  Google will fill in the gaps properly with their own iPad app.  I hope so.   I worry with Steve gone that things will go to pot.

 

Ed

 

 

From: iPad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:iPad@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of J. R. Rosen
Sent: Thursday, September 27, 2012 5:57 PM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Cc: J. R. Rosen
Subject: Re: [iPad] Comment to Apple, Inc.

 

 

Oh come on Ed... one app and you abandon ship?

 

Google is working on their app for iOS6, plus there are all the other apps that were available before all this hit the fan.

 

Besides, if you go to Android, you'll have to start all over again with your apps, accessories, etc, just to get into their eco-system.

 

Apple, all the while, is diligently working on their app to try and perfect it.  Talk about throwing the baby out with the bathwater... whew!

 

On Sep 27, 2012, at 7:48 PM, Ed Gallup <huckleberryed@gmail.com> wrote:



 

 

For some months I have been planning on purchasing a new iPad for my wife this coming December.   I had been looking forward to it for most of this year.  However,  after the debacle of iOS6 and particularly the maps issue,  I am now strongly considering going with Android.   It remains to be seen if Apple can fix and improve things before my purchase decision if finalized.  I expect updates to my iPad2 will keep me informed on whether or not this occurs.

 

Ed   in Oregon

 

 

 

J. R. Rosen
jrosen82@sbcglobal.net
281.467.5366
281.586.9876 fax
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
                         Proverbs 3:5-6
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

 



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (43)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___