[iPad] Re: Cancelling auto-renew early with Verizon can't be done according to one rep

 

I just called Apple Care and explained my problem. She called Verizon on my behalf and got somebody in the postpaid department. Long hold while she switched me to somebody in the prepaid department. That person said my sim will *not* reset after 24 hours - that I will have to buy a new sim but I should not have been told that I would have to pay an activation fee when buying a new sim card that I would install myself. She said I needed to choose "cancel plan later" so it sounds as though they have changed things from the iPad2 to the iPad3 or I have been given yet another load of faulty information. What a comedy of errors! I wish I had the option of using Verizon or AT&T but I get lousy cell reception here. I will try to get my money back through my credit card company but will not try to open another iPad cellular account.

I would love to relate this whole ridiculous series of events to somebody at Verizon who actually has the power to do something about how their employees are trained.

Joyce

--- In iPad@yahoogroups.com, Ed <huckleberryed@...> wrote:
>
> Joyce,
>
> When I access my Verizon account on my iPad2 the Cancel Plan now choice means my auto renew is stopped now, but my remaining plan time is still good until the 30 day term ends. The Cancel Later means just that; the plan will remain active and will auto-renew If I do not access my Verizon account later to Cancel.
>
> As previously stated, my info may be of no use to you if Apple & Verizon have changed the account menu for the iPad 3. It sure would be helpful if someone could verify this.
>
> Ed. In Oregon
>
> Sent from Ed's iPad
>
> On Sep 29, 2012, at 2:16 PM, "dustycat90" <joycekeay@...> wrote:
>
> > I just came back from the Verizon store. They did not give me a new free sim. They said my existing one would reset in 24 hours (and could be reused) if it has been inactive for that period. They said they could not give me a sim without "attaching" it to an account so they would have charged me a $30 activation fee which would put me out a total of $60 if I can't get my money back through my credit card company. So I have reinserted my old sim and will try to get my $30 back.
> >
> > When I tried to cancel the auto recharge this morning, I did not get a default setting. There were two options on the page: "Cancel plan now" or "cancel plan later" without any explanation.
> >
> > Joyce
> >
> > --- In iPad@yahoogroups.com, Ted Wagner <tfwagner2001@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Really sorry to hear that you chose Delete Account Now, Joyce. That doesn't sound good.
> > >
> > > Hopefully this will warn others to use the default setting that pops up when canceling their account - Delete Account Later.
> > >
> > > If you're lucky, you'll be able to get a new sim from Verizon that doesn't lock you into one of their postpaid accounts.
> > >
> > > http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4572
> > >
> > > Ted
> > >
> > > Sent from my new iPad
> > >
> > > On Sep 29, 2012, at 7:23 AM, "JoyceK" <joycekeay@> wrote:
> > >
> > > > Hi, I just went through the steps to set up a 2G prepaid data plan through Verizon. After receiving a message saying that it had gone through, I wanted to cancel auto-renew. So I went back into settings/cellular data/view account/change plans (or whatever it said). I was then given an option to Cancel plan now or Cancel plan later. I chose Cancel Plan Now. Guess I shouldn't have done that because evidently that wiped out the plan altogether because when I went back into cellular data/view account I saw the page that shows all the fields I have to fill in to establish an account. I called my credit card company to see if the credit went through but they said credits can take two weeks to show up. I then contacted Verizon. I tried entering the cell number assigned to the account but the recording said "Sorry I'm having technical difficulties. Call back later." There was no way to contact Verizon wireless without an established cell number so I called in using my cheapie prepaid cell phone number and talked to a woman who said that one cannot cancel auto-renew without the account terminating immediately. So, according to her, one has to remember to cancel auto-renew just before the month ends. At least that was her version. I don't know what would have resulted if I had chosen "Cancel plan later" - maybe a window would have opened up giving me a chance to put in a date I wanted to stop the plan? Does anybody know?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks.
> > > >
> > > > Joyce
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (13)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___