Re: [iPad] Re: Cancelling auto-renew early with Verizon can't be done according to one rep

 

I kept quiet throughout this entire conversation but I can no longer do so. I had a similar experience when dealing with Verizon when trying to suspend my account. I went to the Verizon store with my iPad originally and had them set up a 30 day account. When we returned from our trip I wanted to suspend the account and went back to the Verizon store. I talked to someone else because it was the original clerk's day off. After over an hour and several phone calls to someone higher up in the food chain I was told to suspend my account instead of deleting it when the month was up. If you delete the account you will get charged another $30 activation fee when you want to activate it again later. I did not want the account to renew so I tried to suspend it before the end of the 30 day contract.

It seems I cannot suspend service BEFORE the end of the 30 day contract. When I look at cellular service in Settings on the iPad there is a message that says "Subscription cannot be managed on this device". I don't know if that is because it was set up at the Verizon store or because it is too early yet. I got the service on Aug. 31 but wasn't billed until Sept 4. I have to wait until Oct. 3 to suspend it. I did get an email from Verizon that said "Your feature(s) and/or promotions change request for wireless number ending in -8112 is now complete. Feature Effective Date: 09/26/12" That was the day I went to Verizon. However, it did not say what the feature was!
 
pat h - oh





From: JoyceK <joycekeay@comcast.net>
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2012 6:53 PM
Subject: [iPad] Re: Cancelling auto-renew early with Verizon can't be done according to one rep

I just called Apple Care and explained my problem.  She called Verizon on my behalf and got somebody in the postpaid department.  Long hold while she switched me to somebody in the prepaid department.  That person said my sim will *not* reset after 24 hours - that I will have to buy a new sim but I should not have been told that I would have to pay an activation fee when buying a new sim card that I would install myself.  She said I needed to choose "cancel plan later" so it sounds as though they have changed things from the iPad2 to the iPad3 or I have been given yet another load of faulty information.  What a comedy of errors! I wish I had the option of using Verizon or AT&T but I get lousy cell reception here.  I will try to get my money back through my credit card company but will not try to open another iPad cellular account.

I would love to relate this whole ridiculous series of events to somebody at Verizon who actually has the power to do something about how their employees are trained.

Joyce


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (16)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___