[iPad] Re: Consume vs Produce on an iPad

 


Thanks! It is good to know how people are making it work for them. Right now I am sitting down with my iPad and the cover has it propped up. I think i would have to cut my nails more, LOL. I am using my finger. Pads to type.
I like this cover.
Cheers
E and her iPad 2
--- In iPad@yahoogroups.com, "Webster" <gwtr0940@...> wrote:
>
> Elizabeth,
>
> I use the virtual keyboard and a stylus. With practice I have become fairly fast. Using this method means I have to think a bit slower which helps me with the writing. I also make fewer typos because I have to concentrate a bit more on typing skills.
>
> Russ
> http://techsavvypatient.blogspot.com/
>
> --- In iPad@yahoogroups.com, Elizabeth Walker <speedcatbeth@> wrote:
> >
> > Do you type on the virtual keyboard or have the addon keyboard?
> > Currently when I use my ipad I input the virtual keyboard with my index finger. Which is okay for email, but I'd hate to think of writing a book with just my index finger! LOLL
> > Cheers,
> > Elizabeth
> >
> >
> >  
> >  
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --- On Fri, 1/27/12, Webster <gwtr0940@> wrote:
> >
> >
> > From: Webster <gwtr0940@>
> > Subject: [iPad] Re: Consume vs Produce on an iPad
> > To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
> > Date: Friday, January 27, 2012, 7:48 PM
> >
> >
> >
> >  
> >
> >
> >
> > I use it for both production and consumption.
> > Consumption - emails, zite, fox news, reasearch, reading via iBooks, watching movies, etc.
> > Production - I use it as a document holder and creator for board meetings of a local organization that I am a Board member of, I also use it for blog posting on my blog, and I am also using it for writing and editing two books.
> > Metaphorically tomorrow I would like more ram, retina display, and at least a quad core processor for speed and display. At 71 the improved display helps in reading and writing, and speed, well it is just speed.
> >
> > Russ
> > http://techsavvypatient.blogspot.com/
> >
> > --- In iPad@yahoogroups.com, "MaryEllyn" <mev500@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I am one of those folks who normally reads this group via digests. And that got me thinking today....
> > >
> > > I wondered how many of the group members use their iPad for "consuming" content? By that I mean that they spend their time reading Yahoo groups, or email, or websites, or media via Netflix or YouTube?
> > >
> > > And then I wonder, how many people are actually producing some sort of content? That could be photos that are shared on the web, new music or sounds, blogs, games, apps, or ebooks , etc? I actually got my first request to buy a book via iBooks yesterday from a friend who is also an author.
> > >
> > > If I had to look at my typical week of using my beloved iPad, I would have to say it's about 60% consumption and about 40% of new content in some fashion.
> > >
> > > What about you? And is there a difference between what you use the iPad for today and what you would consider in the future?
> > >
> > > cheers,
> > > Mary Ellyn
> > >
> >
>

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___