Re: [iPad] Re: Eye fi Cards

 

I agree that their web site doesn't make things very clear.  Until I can figure out how to get Avira, my anti-virus program, to stop blocking the set-up of the Direct Mode network, I can't really tell you about whether or not you can only upload images, but I have the impression that it's the case.  Here's a link to their support:  http://support.eye.fi   Maybe you will be able to find more information here.  If I can't get this direct mode working soon, I'm going to also use something else.   
 
Carlee 
 
 
 
 
-------Original Message-------
 
Date: 31.01.2012 01:59:33
Subject: Re: [iPad] Re: Eye fi Cards
 
I guess you are correct. It took a bit of looking, but apparently, I was wrong. Their web site does not make this very clear.

Too bad the cards are smaller than I like. I'll stick with the AirStash. Apparently you can only upload images. True or not true?

2012/1/30 Carlee Marrer-Tising <c-marrer-tising@bluewin.ch>
 

You can set up a so-called "direct mode" that supposedly works without a wifi hotspot.  I have been working on this, but you have to set it up with your computer, and I can't seem to figure out how to keep my anti-virus program from blocking it, so I can't yet speak from experience.    Here's what the instructions for setting up the direct mode state about the Wi-Fi network and Direct Mode: 
 

"The card will use the Wi-Fi network when it's in range, and Direct Mode when the network is not in range.

It is important to understand that if other Wi-Fi networks are available, your iOS device will most likely connect to these even if your Eye-Fi card deploys its network. If this is the case, you will need to manually connect to the Eye-Fi Card network before transfers via Direct Mode can be received by your iOS device. Only one device can connect to the Direct Mode network at a time. If you have an iPhone and iPad make sure only one device is attempting to connect to the network at a time."

Carlee

 
 
 
-------Original Message-------
 
Date: 31.01.2012 01:24:43
Subject: Re: [iPad] Re: Eye fi Cards
 
I understand that. You still require WiFi, regardless. Unless you know something I do not know. I'll gladly accept clarifications. I went with a better solution because the Eye Fi card was not what I thought it was. I really do not like being tied to some WiFi spot somewhere. I much prefer those portable drives with built-in capabilities.

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 4:59 PM, Jim Harry <jim.harry@harryfamily.com> wrote:

This has been discussed previously, but you can transfer wirelessly
using a WiFi Hotspot OR via direct WiFi connection with an iPhone or
iPad.

Direct connect does not require a WiFi Hotspot, just WiFi connection
with another WiFi-enabled device.


 


 

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___