Re: [iPad] Can you successfully own an iPad w/o a computer?

 

It's not a *lot* but I do make notes & screenshots at least.

And that was just "basic" -- before I started using some apps that
"generate" more data. I don't do nearly as much as some do WRT, say, writing
& spreadsheets, but I do do a bit occasionally.

But I could do w/o all that & just use it as a e-reader & video-viewer.

I think you need an email address (even if you don't have a *computer*) to
get any of the cloud-storage stuff, including the iTunes store. For the
friend who doesn't have a computer -- how does she handle this? or does she
have an email account (from??) on her iPad? use a work email (which would
have its own set of problems for personal use)? something else?
bj

-----Original Message-----
From: Just Murray
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 12:13 PM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [iPad] Can you successfully own an iPad w/o a computer?

What data? My iPad generates very little if any data.

~KM
\,,/(^_^)\,,/
(: Rocked from my iPhone4 :)

On Aug 30, 2011, at 4:27 AM, "David H. Bailey" <dhbailey52@comcast.net>
wrote:

On 8/29/2011 3:57 PM, Dottie Kaplan wrote:
> I have a friend who owns an iPad and does not own a computer. She just
> purchases what she wants through the iTunes app on her iPad.
>

How does she back up her data? What will she do if her iPad ever needs
to be restored to an earlier point because of some corruption in the
internal data?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 579. A good idea is checking yours at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___