Re: [iPad] iPad and. iTouch network not connecting

 

This happens in public too.... My Android phone has a great app WiFi Analyzer that shows every wireless network and what channel it is on...

Is it as simple as changing my routers to an unused channel? I  know nothing about channels but is it literally if 2 network devices are say on Channel 9 they will block each other unless one changes to an unused channel? I use a 3g Android hotspot (Sprint) and a 4g Android hotspot (T-Mobile) and they are as unreliable to connect to via iPad and iTouch as the ones at home - I am researching being able to change those channels....

http://wireless.wikia.com/wiki/Wi-Fi
seems to explain some of this.... I just wondered if people on the group had any experience with iTouch/iPad connectivity problems...

Do I need to buy something like this for the iPad...
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/network-diagnostics-utility/id306478905?mt=8


Is their something free or built-in that will help?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2780293?start=870&tstart=0
is a thread I will work my way through as well but hoping for some tips from veterans here...


On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Just Murray <krismurray@gmail.com> wrote:
 

in an apartment or dormitory or condo one may find as many as 12 or more. if neighbors are nice they can possibly be used for testing.


:P
~KM
----
Is it solipsistic around here, or is it just me?
-------

On Aug 30, 2011, at 9:56 PM, Jim Saklad wrote:

 


> I have 5 networks in my .home and for last week neither can connect to the wireless networks.

I cannot help but wonder why someone would have 5 distinct networks on one home.

>



__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 579. A good idea is checking yours at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___