Re: [iPad] Can you successfully own an iPad w/o a computer?

 

I'm sorry for your troubles but glad to hear this. I had the same problem with Windows7 and my computer, and I thought I was the only one. I am on speed dial with the Apple tech, who can't figure it out either. We did manage to get iTunes and my devices to work together, as long as I do things a certain way. Otherwise iTunes does "not respond." But the updates fried my 4th gen Touch and I had to goto the Apple store to get it fixed. The iPad "out of the box" was fine but I'm afraid to update to the newest IOS. I was hoping IOS5 would fix everything but now I'm not so sure.

pat h - oh





--- On Tue, 8/30/11, bj <bjones44@verizon.net> wrote:

From: bj <bjones44@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [iPad] Can you successfully own an iPad w/o a computer?
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, August 30, 2011, 11:58 AM

I have had to take my 4th gen Touch to the Apple Store after an iOS update
attempt farkled it -- *twice*.
I was able to update all 3 of my devices to whatever the update was last
fall -- but it took several days & several tries for each one to d/l.
I think Apple's update doesn't like something about my computer -- even if I
disable anti-virus.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 579. A good idea is checking yours at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___