Re: [iPad] Re: Steve Jobs Resigns As CEO From Apple

 

Even though there is no cure yet, people with diabetes are living very nicely thanks to new meds and tools to help us with that thing called 'day to day living'. Much of the new meds and tools are here because of RESEARCH and that requires MONEY. 


I understand a lot of organizations use money for admin costs, but they do use it also to help in human trials, tests and development.

I dread to think what my life may be like if the insulin pump, faster-acting Analog insulin, better testing equipment etc had not been developed by this time. Things ARE happening, maybe not as fast as I would like, but a darn sight better than being stagnent. Sometimes, people have only to donate a few bucks to a cause. *I* am certainly no Scientist/microbiologist, so if my $10.00 a month ongoing contribution helps someone, GREAT! It is hardly non-productive.

On Aug 29, 2011, at 9:17 AM, Just Murray wrote:

How is donating money "productive"

I mean if I fund and create a study on how endogenous cannabinoids kill cancer cells that's productive. But just donating money. While helpful I doubt it's productive. 

Just saying. :p
~KM

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 598. A bad idea is not checking yours, at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___