Re: [iPad] Can you successfully own an iPad w/o a computer?

 

You could, if you want to go that far, set up an Apple account/ID for him on
your computer & sync his iPad to that.

It would mean he'd have to pay for anything he gets, even if you already
have it. But it would keep your stuff separate.

You can get the device updated an an Apple Store & just d/l stuff directly
in-between. But you wouldn't have any backups.
bj

-----Original Message-----
From: Dunc
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2011 10:48 AM
To: iPad@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [iPad] Can you successfully own an iPad w/o a computer?

My brother-in-law is somewhat technology adverse.
But he is getting interested in the iPad.
Can a person successfully use an iPad without also having a computer to sync
it with?
How about downloading new operating systems?

I suppose I could sync his iPad with my stuff, but I really don't want to
populate his iPad with my stuff

Any words of wisdom out there?

Thanks gang

Dunc

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 596. A good idea is checking yours at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___