Re: [iPad] AppleTV woes

 

-----Original Message-----
From: Just Murray
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 12:17 PM
To: mailto:iPad%40yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [iPad] Can you successfully own an iPad w/o a computer?

Does Ethernet work just not wifi? To get iTunes library to load?
================================================

Not exactly.

General results from today's trials:

AirPlay from iPad works -- at least to start, I didn't watch more than a
couple of minutes of a show that I had purchased from iTunes.

ATV will get on internet -- whether or not my pc is even turned on -- no
trouble connecting to the router/wireless network which is connected to my
DSL -- I tried a YouTube or podcast w/ no problem.

When computer is on, running iTunes, with home sharing on, computer
authorized --
pc on wireless: ATV will try to load my library but then says it can't,
tells me to run iTunes & turn on home sharing.

pc-ATV connected by ethernet -- ATV finds the library but then when I select
a show to watch it tells me that I need to authorize the computer!

Guess I'll have to haul it all into the Apple Store since something is
whacko (&/or it just don't like me.)
Any other ideas
bj

On Aug 30, 2011, at 8:58 AM, "bj" <mailto:bjones44%40verizon.net> wrote:

....
Meanwhile, I can't get my Apple TV to work with my computer -- it just
*will not* load my library. But it does connect to the router & get on the
internet for YouTube -- I wasn't about to try anything that Cost Money --
when I tried the iTunes Store & picked "purchased" it asked for my billing
security code; sorry, already got that show, not interested in paying again
just to see how the online streaming works. (I wonder if I can get it to
stream Amazon; I have some free-streaming-options there....)
bj

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE
A bad score is 579. A good idea is checking yours at freecreditscore.com.
.

__,_._,___