Re: [iPad] Texting from an iPad to an Android

 

I have a friend that has my original iPad mini. She also has a Samsung Android phone.  I did multiple searches to find how to forward messages.  Nothing came up of any help.  On the iPhone there's a setting to forward text messages to the iPad.  Turning that on, I can now use Messages on my wifi iPad mini 4 to text any cellphone. I don't know if there's a way to do it forwarding Android phones to iPads.  Probably not since Android doesn't have Apple Messages.

\
  \  /\
  (   )           Alice
.(     ).  lwr32@mac.com

On Oct 19, 2015, at 1:10 PM, Linda McCann lmcarea51@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Thanks, Ted, that would explain why I couldn't find it...no iPhone here, just an iPad.




On Oct 19, 2015, at 12:46 PM, Ted Wagner tfwagner2001@yahoo.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

It's in the settings for Messages on an iPhone.

Ted

Sent from my iPad Air

On Oct 19, 2015, at 11:53 AM, Jeanette jdswor@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I don't have that option.  All I have in messages is IMessage.  I am running 9.0.2

I would also like to be able to text via iPad to my android friends.  

On Monday, October 19, 2015, Kris Murray krismurray@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


Kinda. 


I have my iPad set so that I can text using it via my iPhone.  Go into settings. messages. Text message forwarding. Turn it on. 

~KLM
\ "Antisocial behavior is a trait of intelligence in a world full of conformists"  ~Nikola Tesla //

On Oct 19, 2015, at 10:04 AM, Linda McCann lmcarea51@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Is it possible to text from an iPad to an Android using IMessage? If so, how? When I put in a phone number for an Android phone, the number turns red, and the send button is greyed out. Surely there must be a way to communicate from an non-phone Apple device to an Android.

Linda





__._,_.___

Posted by: Alice Saunders <lwr32@mac.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (45)

Check out the automatic photo album with 2 photo(s) from this topic.
6D7A59F7-9BFE-495A-B555-845C330C588C:image1.jpeg 6D7A59F7-9BFE-495A-B555-845C330C588C:image1.jpeg


.

__,_._,___