Re: [iPad] Need help with Messenger & a couple other Apps

 

The apps pre-installed by Apple cannot be deleted.  I put them in a folder on my last Home page to have them out of the way.

Pat 

Sent from my iPad Air2

On Oct 25, 2015, at 12:33 PM, neeliec2000@yahoo.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Hello,


Since I updated my IPAD 2 (WI-FI 3G 32GB, circa Nov. 2011) I am having an "issue" with a couple of Apps.  The first one is the App called Messenger.  I know it's part of Facebook, and I did have an icon with a lightning bolt on my screen prior to the update. But the icon now shows up on my screen as grayed out grid with a target in the center.  


When I click on the icon, it says "installing."  I have left it for days & it never finishes.  I tried deleting it, but it will not go away.  I have tried searching how to delete Apps, and I know about the jiggling icons & clicking on "x", etc.  But in this case the App will not delete.  


Also with the update, a couple new (to me) Apps appeared on my screen and I can't delete them either.  They are "Find Friends" and "Find Phone."  They don't show up in my list of Apps on my iPad.  I don't want them but can't delete them - neither will produce a jiggling x when I hold them down.  I've also tried deleting these things from my iMac, but find no way to delete  -  only to re-install stuff I've previously deleted!


I'm totally flummoxed!  What am I missing?  Is there an alternative process to delete Apps from iPad that I'm not considering? 

 

__._,_.___

Posted by: Pat Taylor <pat412@mac.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___