Re: [iPad] Need help with Messenger & a couple other Apps

 


Possibly, but I'd say that considering the rapid rate at which these things are obsoleted, it's to be expected that users will find machines three or four generations old to be practically inoperable.

PC and Macs have a much longer life than iDevices.  I replaced my PC a year ago only after it had been serving perfectly adequately for almost twelve years.  I expect an iPad to become useless in a third of that time.


On 10/25/2015 2:33 PM, neeliec2000@yahoo.com [iPad] wrote:
 

Hello,


Since I updated my IPAD 2 (WI-FI 3G 32GB, circa Nov. 2011) I am having an "issue" with a couple of Apps.  The first one is the App called Messenger.  I know it's part of Facebook, and I did have an icon with a lightning bolt on my screen prior to the update. But the icon now shows up on my screen as grayed out grid with a target in the center.  


When I click on the icon, it says "installing."  I have left it for days & it never finishes.  I tried deleting it, but it will not go away.  I have tried searching how to delete Apps, and I know about the jiggling icons & clicking on "x", etc.  But in this case the App will not delete.  


Also with the update, a couple new (to me) Apps appeared on my screen and I can't delete them either.  They are "Find Friends" and "Find Phone."  They don't show up in my list of Apps on my iPad.  I don't want them but can't delete them - neither will produce a jiggling x when I hold them down.  I've also tried deleting these things from my iMac, but find no way to delete  -  only to re-install stuff I've previously deleted!


I'm totally flummoxed!  What am I missing?  Is there an alternative process to delete Apps from iPad that I'm not considering? 

 


__._,_.___

Posted by: David Smith <david.smith.14916@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (3)

.

__,_._,___