[iPad] Duet Display App (in a word "Amazing")

 

I installed the new Duet Display on my iPad (and on my MacBook Pro) last night.  It in a word is amazing.

 

It is pricy ($9.99) but you plug in your iPad via the lightning connector and you can drag your Mac windows to the iPad.  It truly acts as a second screen and with no time lag.

 

As an experiment I dragged Safari and Messages to the iPad.  I was able to switch between the two apps (so to speak) by swiping right or left with the mouse and was able to use the apps as if they were on my MacBook Pro.

 

What is interesting is that the touch screen on the iPad still functioned as an input device.  So I was able to select tabs on Safari (which was the MacBook's Safari not the iPad's) by either using the MacBook Trackpad or by using my finger.

 

If I wanted to run an iPad app I just double clicked the home button to select the open apps.

 

One thing I did note was that I had to turn off Parallels to get the display to work.

 

See duetdisplay.com

 

__._,_.___

Posted by: gerrysair@gmail.com
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

.

__,_._,___