Re: [iPad] Re: Carlee Ipad /books OT

 

What beautiful cats you have, Eileen!  Nothing beats a beautiful tabby! 
 
Don't worry if you sometimes forget the OT in the subject line.  We all forget now and then.  Basically it is simply a courtesy to people who aren't interested in our topic and would rather read about the iPad.    It saves them time, too.
 
I will be glad to send you some pics of my Sphynx.  That's wonderful that you gave your two kitties such a wonderful home, and I don't blame you a bit for being concerned when they aren't inside with you.  I had one "outside" cat for a few years, so I know exactly what that's like. 
 
My little reading group is called "whynotread" and some of the people read mostly e-books on their iPad or Kindle, a couple are like you and want to have physical books, and any one of us can make a suggestion of what we would like to read together and then discuss.  We also tell each other about and recommend books we read and enjoy outside of the group.  So far we have read Stephen King's Under the Dome and The Shining.  I just finished that one.  We also read Victoria Twead's books.  Right now we are reading a book by a Swedish author, Jonas Jonasson, called The 100-Year Old Man Who Climbed out the Window and Disappeared (hilarious book!!!).  I think three or four of us are reading it on our iPad or Kindle, one got the physical book from the library, another used Overdrive, I think it's called, and two don't find the book appealing so are passing on this one.  The April book is called "On the Way to America by Steven Styles. 
 
Carlee
 
 
 
  /\__/\_____
 (=-.-=),,__,,_)~~~~
 
 
   /\„,„/\
  ( =';'= )
  /*♡♡*\
  (.|.|..|.|.)
 
-------Original Message-------
 
From: Eileen
Date: 25.03.2014 16:50:45
Subject: Re: [iPad] Re: Carlee Ipad /books OT [2 Attachments]
 
Thanks Carlee for telling me about the OT, hope I always remember to do it. The old brain forgets a lot these days. LOL

OOh I love Sphynx cats!!!! You will have to send me some photos of them! Please!!!!!
My cats are  rescue cats someone dropped on my doorstep as 5 weeks old or abouts. I have had them for 6 years now. Both are good girls.But being born wild,  they just won't stay indoors much except during bad weather and for sleeping.So they make me worry a lot about them being out there with so much danger!!I'm always checking on them and Can't sleep at night until they come in!!!Like teenagers!!!! LOL

What is your reading Yahoo group about? Do you read all your books via your Ipad?I love books, and have a kindle as well. But I still love the feel and smell of a real boo best. I have a huge library  in my cabin, and I find myself always holding a real book in my hands,  more so then reading it with any reader. Can't help it. Old school I guess.I love to read Historical Fiction. One of my favorite authors is Philippa Gregory.I love reading about King Henry the VIII and all his wives, and children.I must have 25 books on Anne Boleyn  alone. LOL
Unfortunately, I don't know much about Switzerland's History. 

   Miss Queenie. That's her Royal  Pose.



Miss Sweet Pea    she's a sweet heart...


Eileen

On Mar 24, 2014, at 5:05 PM, "Carlee Marrer-Tising" <c-marrer-tising@bluewin.ch> wrote:

 

Thanks for your nice compliment re. my name, Eileen!   
 
I know of some Adobe apps for the iPad, such as PS Express, but I don't know any app called Adobe Photo.  Maybe it's available only in the U.S. App store? 
 
I appreciate your telling me how you make your tags, and I think it would be a lot of fun to learn how to do it.  You sure do a great job on them!!  To answer your question, yes, I can see your signature tags using IncrediMail.  So Yahoo has tag groups!  There seems to be a group for everything, which, of course, is very cool. We got an automatic bread maker, and I looked at the available groups and couldn't believe how many there were--and how large, too!!!  Talking about Yahoo groups, I have a small photo group, a Sphynx cat one, and a reading one. 
 
That's wonderful that you use your crocheting skills to help the homeless. 
 
Yes, I have several hobbies, and photography and editing photos (mostly on my iPad) are a couple of them.  I love to use my iPhone camera and I'm afraid I neglect my other cameras in favor of "the one that's always with me."  <thrilled.gif>  I also love cooking and have several cooking apps on my iPad, and it's great to watch a video showing how to make some specialty and cook right along with it.  I love to read books on my iPad and my Kindle, but more on my iPad. I also love music and crafts.
 
I live in Switzerland with my husband, his dog, my dog, and my Sphynx and Burmese cats.  My iPad is FULL of my cat pics!  I also show my cats, so I have lots of photo ops for cats.  <winking.gif> 
 
Btw, I forgot to tell you one thing regarding off topic subjects.  Please put OT in the subject line so that the group members who want to read only iPad-related posts can filter out the OT posts.  Thanks.  I put that on this post although it's actually mostly iPad related. 
<sg-0.gif>
 
  /\__/\_____
 (=-.-=),,__,,_)~~~~
 
 
   /\„,„/\
  ( =';'= )
  /*♡♡*\
  (.|.|..|.|.)
 
-------Original Message-------
 
From: Eileen
Date: 24.03.2014 19:37:19
Subject: Re: [iPad] Re: Carlee Ipad Photo
 
Thank you Carlee,(btw, I love your name)
I use Adobe Photo for the tags and then I animate them using Adobe Photoshop Elements. I make the signature tags that you see below.
I think you can see them using Incredimail right? 

I use the person's face, to replace the face in the JPG. Then I animate the tag. They are sooo cute. Some people actually were selling them online. But I wouldn't think of doing that. I did belong to a lot of Yahoo Tag groups as well. But not anymore. I did so much my hands started killing me. So I quit making them for a while.

I also love to crochet. I make hats and scarves for the homeless. 
 Do you have any hobbies? What kinds of things do you use your Ipad for?  Do you like photography?

<image1.gif>




On Mar 24, 2014, at 12:16 PM, "Carlee Marrer-Tising" <c-marrer-tising@bluewin.ch> wrote:

 

You have a wonderful animal family, Eileen.  What kind of tags do you like to make and with exactly which Adobe app? 
 
Yes, it's fine if we discuss things that are not strictly iPad topics 
 
If you look at the "about" section of the iPad group, you will see all of the specific topics that are allowed, and photography apps are one of them.  In addition, the intro states the following:
 

We are not a strict 'technical questions only' group, friendly
social/community level conversations are allowed and encouraged.

We are all people just wanting to use and enjoy our iPads. All ways of
use are up for discussion.
 
<sg-0.gif>
 
  /\__/\_____
 (=-.-=),,__,,_)~~~~
 
 
   /\„,„/\
  ( =';'= )
  /*♡♡*\
  (.|.|..|.|.)
 
-------Original Message-------
 
From: Eileen
Date: 24.03.2014 17:36:14
Subject: [iPad] Re: Carlee Ipad Photo [1 Attachment]
 
Yes,
They are my babies.Love them all.Oh and yes that's me at Christmas last year.I love taking photos of them with my Ipad.I also make tags using my adobe photo On my Ipad AIR 
I'm not Certain whether we can talk about other things on here that are  not pertaining to Ipad. Should I be using your personal email for further correspondence  not related to Ipad?

<image1.gif>



On Mar 24, 2014, at 4:57 AM, "Carlee Marrer-Tising" <c-marrer-tising@bluewin.ch> wrote:

 

That's a cool photo, Eileen!  Are those your dogs and cats?  And is that you with them? 
 
 
<sg-0.gif>
 
  /\__/\_____
 (=-.-=),,__,,_)~~~~
 
 
   /\„,„/\
  ( =';'= )
  /*♡♡*\
  (.|.|..|.|.)
 
-------Original Message-------
 
From: Eileen
Date: 23.03.2014 18:24:02
Subject: [iPad] IPad Air [1 Attachment]
 
 
------------------------------------
 
Yahoo Groups Links
 
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
 
<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional
 
<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)
 
<*> To change settings via email:
 
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 
<*> Your use of Yahoo Groups is subject to:
 
 
 
____________________________________________________________
 
 
 
 
I love my new IPad Air as well.
 
It takes great photos too.
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
.

__,_._,___