Re: [iPad] iPad forum?

 

But you miss so much fun stuff.

E in Long Beach
Sent from my iPad Mini
Be Happy!

On Aug 18, 2013, at 8:39 AM, Ryan Waldon <ryan@iamthereforeipad.com> wrote:

 

If folks would consistently remember to use the "OT" tag in the subject line for items that are Off Topic, I think that would resolve a lot of the friction. I have set up filters to channel Off Topic posts out of my Inbox and into a side folder  - relying on the OT tag to trigger my filter. I'm sure there are probably other members using similar strategies to manage messages from the Group.

--ryan

Sent from my Apple Mac mini 



On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 6:49 AM, David H. Bailey <dhbailey52@comcast.net> wrote:
 

On 8/17/2013 8:25 PM, Alice wrote:
>
>
> What do you want to see? An all iPad only discussion group with people
> getting kicked out because they went off-topic even a little?
>
[snip]

I belong to a trumpet players group which stays on topic simply because
the moderator reminds us all to keep to the topic of trumpets and asks
us to stop threads which veer off-topic.

He doesn't kick people out -- just gentle reminders to stay on topic.

I'm not suggesting that is what should happen here, but only to point
out that it is quite possible to keep people on-topic without resorting
to draconian measures of banning anybody who starts to veer off-topic.

--
David H. Bailey
dhbailey@davidbaileymusicstudio.com
http://www.davidbaileymusicstudio.com


__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (44)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___