Re: [iPad] Beta iCloud

 

I take notes in Bamboo notebooks. You can set your lines or no lines and choose the color of ink and size of tip. Do not know how well it ports to other devices as I do not need that function.

E in Long Beach
Sent from my iPad Mini
Be Happy!

On Aug 23, 2013, at 3:17 PM, Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

 

Very good post. Does skeuomorphism makes the apps look funky? No, they look real world and not overdone. Does iBooks look different when you USE it? I assume that if skeuomorphism has been abandoned, then I expect that the folding page look when changing pages is gone, and that those who do not like skeuomorphism will be pleased that changing pages in iBooks is now just that, changing a bland white page of black text to the next bland white page of text.Or is the book like page view and folding still there? If so, why?  


From: Charles Carroll <911@learnasp.com>
To: iPad <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, 23 August 2013 11:17 PM
Subject: Re: [iPad] Beta iCloud

 
I hate the Notepad not having ruled lines like a notebook - I really liked that look. I dread when they update my Notes app on the MacBook to have no ruled lines but will probably have to take the update for features or iCloud vNext compatibility. Its one of the things I loved about iDevices and Macs. The skeuomorphism made them feel personal and not drab. Having been a user of drab software for years I enjoyed the "flair" that Mac apps and iApps did not look "Plain Jane"!

I really liked that about iPad and MacBook and think Jobs was right it is a nice cosmetic touch and Ives is an idiot. If I wanted a  NotePad with no lines I would still be a Windows user. I like my personal computer use to feel fun and distinctive.

I have not spent enough time to have other opinions - the main icons looks brighter on the main screen and "pop" a little more is my initial impression. I think Ives wanting to make iOS look more drab like Android and eliminate the "flair" and fun of Skeumorphism is petty. Because I think iDevice apps that looked like "real world" things even if my kids did not remember the real world things they model were a nice look. Android icons don't look that distinct, and the lack of skeuomorphism tends to make some of the apps hard to guess what they are from their appearance. Unless of course they are things like "Cut the Rope" or "Angry Birds" where their icons are some game characters.

Ironically on my Android Tablet I have several apps that have notebooks with ruled lines, I hope they don't revamp them. So within 6-12 months my Mac and iDevices won't have ruled line notebooks with yellow paper but my Android I will have that. Thanks a lot Ives for making one of my favorite apps bland. I use "Notes" a lot and lowe the sync across multiple devices and will miss the ruled lines. I think the yellow without black ruled lines looks awful on the new iCloud and dread when all Notes get updated across all devices. I may buy a 3rd party app that looks that way if it has good iCloud replication support, but then the 3rd party app data will not appear on iCloud.com :(

Sometime when I need my notes at work on my Win Machine or in BootCamp I go to iCloud.com to see my Notes. Thanks to Ives attempting to "improve" Job's look -- they loose my favorite look and feel when I go to iCloud.com.... So I may have to use EverNote more (blah its an ugly app on Android Tablets but pretty on phones) which I sometimes have to use if I want to see my Notes on Android and iDevices SINCE iCloud.com does not work on my Android browsers I am often cut off from "notes" data on my Galaxy Note II and Nexus 10 browsers.


On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 4:47 AM, Alice Saunders <lwr32@mac.com> wrote:
 
What do you think Charles? It has the look of iOS 7. It works just like the regular iCloud website and mirrors what you have inputed I to the regular site.  

\
  \   /\                Alice
  (   )        lwr32@mac.com
.(     ).  Sent from my iPad mini

On Aug 22, 2013, at 9:22 PM, Charles Carroll <911@learnasp.com> wrote:

 
Thanks checking it out now on my MacBook Pro.

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 11:22 PM, Alice Saunders <lwr32@mac.com> wrote:
> If any of you are using iCloud, why not try the beta version of iCloud at
> beta.icloud.com



__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (6)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___