Re: [iPad] How the iPad Went From Massive to 'Meh' in 5 Short Years | WIRED

 

Yes I do recall you guys can buy an iPad on the so called zero up front . My iPads have all been cellular, but not on a plan as I use wifi . If I need to use cellular I go prepay . How many iPhone users buy a  cellular iPad and pay for cell plans as well!? That's two cell plans

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus 


On 28/01/2015, at 5:15 pm, Kris Murray krismurray@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I think so. But the cost in those cases would be offset by the higher cost of the cellular plan. Bare naked an iPhone is more expensive than an iPad. 

--
~kris murray
---
"Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive" ~Robert M. Pirsig "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"

On Jan 27, 2015, at 8:11 PM, Tony tdale@xtra.co.nz [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Can u buy an iPad on contract for zero up front or $99 like you can with a phone?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus 


On 28/01/2015, at 4:50 pm, Kris Murray krismurray@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

iPads cost more? A 128gb iPhone 6 is $849.99 and the iPad air2 128gb is $829. 

How is 829 more than 849?

--
~kris murray
---
"Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive" ~Robert M. Pirsig "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"

On Jan 27, 2015, at 7:19 PM, Tony tdale@xtra.co.nz [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I agree Pat. The issue is saturation, and it's more costly to buy an iPad than a phone. 

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus 


On 28/01/2015, at 2:46 pm, Pat Taylor pat412@mac.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I use my own iPad more every day so I disagree with the author.  I'm one of those nuts that want the latest offering so I pass each previous model down to my daughter who REALLY enjoys that arrangement!  Here are Tim Cook's comments from today's earnings call:


• Cook: iPad has a very, very bright future
• Cook: I think the partnership with IBM is profound. We are going to change how people work.
• Cook: iPad upgrade cycle is longer than an iPhone. Perhaps in between and iPhone and a Mac. Still too early to say for sure.
• Cook: I believe that over the long arc of time, iPad is a very strong market
• Cook: iPad customer sat is off the charts. 100% in some surveys. Unheard of.
• Cook: 1st time iPad purchaser rates are very high; so no saturated market
• Cook: In the short run, I don't think you're going to see a miraculous change YOY
• Cook: I am very optimistic and bullish on iPad over the long run

Pat

On Jan 27, 2015, at 6:36 PM, Kris Murray krismurray@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Thoughts?


How the iPad Went From Massive to 'Meh' in 5 Short Years

  • BY   

  • __._,_.___

    Posted by: Tony <tdale@xtra.co.nz>
    Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (9)

    .

    __,_._,___