Re: [iPad] How the iPad Went From Massive to 'Meh' in 5 Short Years | WIRED

 



Doesn't matter much how you pay it, it's a new tax on living well.  Was this trip really necessary?  Well, yes.  Progress always has downsides, some of them pretty steep.



On Jan 28, 2015, at 4:21 PM, Kris Murray krismurray@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

That's all I want is a zero percent loan.  Lol I suppose I could achieve the same thing by saving and using the saved money to buy the device and I may just do that but it hardly scratches the now itch although it may workout better in the long run as I wouldn't have it saved until the next iPhone comes out this fall. 

--
~kris murray
---
"Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive" ~Robert M. Pirsig "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"

On Jan 28, 2015, at 12:54 PM, Tony tdale@xtra.co.nz [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Same here, my Telco that I work for does 12 or 24 months interest free on any phone $199 or higher.
 
 


From: "Kris Murray krismurray@gmail.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
To: "iPad@yahoogroups.com" <iPad@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, 29 January 2015 4:44 AM
Subject: Re: [iPad] How the iPad Went From Massive to 'Meh' in 5 Short Years | WIRED

 
Most of the iPhone's I deal
With every day are not bought on subsidized contract anymore. The trend is moving away from that and while that may have been the case. You'll find that the telecom industry is moving away from hiding te cost of the cell phone in plan. My carrier at least is pushing lease and installment options as the major source of new iPhones and Galaxy device activations. 

--
~kris murray
---
"Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive" ~Robert M. Pirsig "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"



On Jan 27, 2015, at 10:07 PM, Tony tdale@xtra.co.nz [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
My point is most users buy an iPhone on contract , cheap . But an iPad is most often bought outright.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus 


On 28/01/2015, at 5:15 pm, Kris Murray krismurray@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
I think so. But the cost in those cases would be offset by the higher cost of the cellular plan. Bare naked an iPhone is more expensive than an iPad. 

--
~kris murray
---
"Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive" ~Robert M. Pirsig "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"

On Jan 27, 2015, at 8:11 PM, Tony tdale@xtra.co.nz [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
Can u buy an iPad on contract for zero up front or $99 like you can with a phone?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus 


On 28/01/2015, at 4:50 pm, Kris Murray krismurray@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
iPads cost more? A 128gb iPhone 6 is $849.99 and the iPad air2 128gb is $829. 

How is 829 more than 849?

--
~kris murray
---
"Sometimes it's a little better to travel than to arrive" ~Robert M. Pirsig "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"

On Jan 27, 2015, at 7:19 PM, Tony tdale@xtra.co.nz [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
I agree Pat. The issue is saturation, and it's more costly to buy an iPad than a phone. 

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus 


On 28/01/2015, at 2:46 pm, Pat Taylor pat412@mac.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 
I use my own iPad more every day so I disagree with the author.  I'm one of those nuts that want the latest offering so I pass each previous model down to my daughter who REALLY enjoys that arrangement!  Here are Tim Cook's comments from today's earnings call:

• Cook: iPad has a very, very bright future
• Cook: I think the partnership with IBM is profound. We are going to change how people work.
• Cook: iPad upgrade cycle is longer than an iPhone. Perhaps in between and iPhone and a Mac. Still too early to say for sure.
• Cook: I believe that over the long arc of time, iPad is a very strong market
• Cook: iPad customer sat is off the charts. 100% in some surveys. Unheard of.
• Cook: 1st time iPad purchaser rates are very high; so no saturated market
• Cook: In the short run, I don't think you're going to see a miraculous change YOY
• Cook: I am very optimistic and bullish on iPad over the long run
Pat

On Jan 27, 2015, at 6:36 PM, Kris Murray krismurray@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Thoughts?


How the iPad Went From Massive to 'Meh' in 5 Short Years




__._,_.___

Posted by: David Smith <david.smith.14916@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (23)

.

__,_._,___