Re: [iPad] Re: Stop Safari from Refreshing Pages?

 

Currently, there's no way to stop this. It's a problem with Safari. You might try a different browser like Google Chrome.

Ted

Sent from my iPad Air

On Aug 30, 2014, at 11:41 AM, "Carol Botteron botteron@alum.mit.edu [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

>> Posted by: "Carol Botteron" botteron@alum.mit.edu were_koala
>> On my iPad 3 (spring 2012, iOS 7.1.1) I usually have several Safari tabs open.
>> If I go from one tab to another, it refreshes the page, so I lose changes I had made. For example, if I set up the TV schedule for 8 PM, go to another tab, and then choose the TV schedule again, it changes to "now" so I have to change it to 8 PM again.
>> How can I make it stop doing this? I looked at the Safari settings in "Settings" but don't see a way to control this behavior.

> Posted by: "Jim Saklad" jimdoc@icloud.com jimdoc01
> Hmmm.
> Mostly my pages do NOT refresh *automatically*.
> But in this specific case, I would use one (or more) of the MANY excellent apps available for looking up what's on TV, rather than going to a web page...

Thank you.  Apparently I confused things by giving an example.  

I am _not_ looking for a TV schedule app.

I _am_ looking for a way to stop Safari from refreshing pages whenever I change tabs.

Help?  adTHANKSvance!

__._,_.___

Posted by: Ted Wagner <tfwagner2001@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (5)

.

__,_._,___