Re: [iPad] Why do all, the built in apps require re-entering ID?

 

You previously said that your daughter has an iPhone.  I suggest that you take an hour or two with her and let her set up your iPad and then have her teach you how to use the the things that are giving you problems such as how to use email.  I always learn things from my kids.
Pete




On May 22, 2014, at 12:27 PM, "jimpurcell2001@yahoo.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

When I first started using my iPad is just quit and app because I was having so much trouble with my ID. Now that I have that fixed I still have to sign in to an app. That is a nuisance to me.


RE: my ID problems I ended up just creating a new email ID. But I don't get any mail from it because no one else knows about it. And I can't read emails from the other email address so I go to my computer to read emails.

Jim

__._,_.___

Posted by: Pete <petefromflorida@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (2)

.

__,_._,___