Re: [iPad] Song Deletion

 

I use Music Match.  I also have my iTunes Library on an external drive.

\
  \  /\             Alice
  (   )    lwr32@mac.com
.(     ).  Sent from my iPad

On May 13, 2014, at 12:35 PM, "Pete petefromflorida@gmail.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Apple's back up is your iTunes account.  It can be shared with iCloud if you choose but I don't do that.  I access the Internet via a cellular network so I have to pay for the data that I use and iCloud backup is not included in my budget.
Pete




On May 13, 2014, at 3:13 PM, "Alice Saunders lwr32@mac.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

Isn't Apples backup called iCloud? Isn't that what Apple uses?

       \ 
        \  /\
        (  )
      .(    ).

Alice Saunders

On May 13, 2014, at 11:53 AM, Pete petefromflorida@gmail.com [iPad] <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


I don't use iCloud to back up my music since it's already backed up on my PC, a thumb drive and by Apple.  My mail and and photos are backed up by Google.  I only use iCloud to back up things that aren't backed up elsewhere such as calendar, notes and contacts.

On May 13, 2014, at 1:51 PM, "Alice Saunders lwr32@mac.com [iPad]" <iPad@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 

I'm coming late into the conversation here LOL! I found that deleting music from your computer, you get a popup that asks if you really want to delete the music and a check box to delete it from your iCloud as well.


On your iPad, you should be able to go into setting and choose to see only what's actually on your iPad or everything (which includes what's in the cloud).

       \ 
        \  /\
        (  )
      .(    ).

Alice Saunders

On May 8, 2014, at 6:22 PM, Pete <petefromflorida@gmail.com> wrote:

Turn iTunes Match off in your music settings.
Pete

On May 8, 2014, at 9:04 PM, "Richard E Johnson, MD" <RECMSOJ@OnlineOK.com> wrote:

> Terry,
> That's what I did originally. While swiping R-->L does bring up a red Delete square on the right of the entry, when you press it the song remains present but on the right where the Delete box was there is now a "cloud with an arrow pointing down from it" icon. If you press that icon, it re-downloads the song (at least that's what I think it's doing). I don't see an "X" anywhere to press and delete it, on any screen (Playlists, Artists, Songs, Albums). Maybe it's just programmed so that you have to delete it in the Cloud or via iTunes. I'll try it via iCloud and report back. 
> 
> Dick
> 
> Sent from my  iPad 4, iOS 7.1
> ------------------------------------------------
> Richard E Johnson, ScM, MD, DABA
> RECMSOJ@OnlineOK.com
> recmsoj1@icloud.com
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------
> 
> Yahoo Groups Links
> 
> 
> 





__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (13)

Yahoo Groups
DMARC related changes in Groups emails
Following recent changes in Yahoo DMARC policy, we made changes to how Yahoo Groups sends mails


.

__,_._,___