Re: [iPad] Re: Ouch a real iPad Virus / Ransomware

 

> Hi Jim:
> Should the Apple ID and the Cloud IDs be different?
> Carol

Ideally, yes.
That said, at least they are both dealing with *one* company (Apple), with theoretically comparable security at their different locations.

I started off with what was eventually termed an Apple ID for use with iTunes, long before there was a Mac App Store, or iCloud.com, or even Mac.com – and then almost accidentally acquired a different one for their cloud services.

Currently, I have only 3 passwords that I remember, and that is because I use them all the time, and don't want the inconvenience of a super-safe 20-mixed-character random selection that I would have to look up every time.

One is used ONLY as my log-on password for my computer.
One is used ONLY as my iTunes/App Store password.
And the 3rd is used ONLY as the master password for my password manager.
Everything else has different passwords, all stored, encrypted, in the 1Password software.

__._,_.___

Posted by: Jim Saklad <jimdoc@icloud.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (11)

.

__,_._,___